Sunday, October 19, 2008

I think it is important to look back on experiences and see how things went - what mistakes were made, what went well, how you can do better next time, etc. As I look back on the past month or so I can't believe how much has happened. As if 30 days couldn't have possibly held all that they did. In general I think my "rope" is getting longer (i.e., it takes a bit longer to reach the end of it), but I am still adjusting to all that is expected of life, post graduation. That's normal, I expect, but the trouble that I am having is identifying what is exactly causing the stress. I really believe in a holistic approach to other people, but now I'm learning that (surprise) this idea applies to my life as well. In the name of becoming well-rounded and healthy, these are the plans I have in my (nearer) future:

1.) No travel plans for a while. Be home more.
2.) Make food for the people I love. And generally see them more often.
3.) Exercise. Buy new running shoes. And run a 5K next Saturday.
4.) Small group involvement.
5.) Write in my journal on a more consistent basis.
6.) Have a bedtime, even on my days off.
7.) Light more candles.
8.) Use self tanner. Because let's face it, we all feel better when we are a little tan.

No comments: