Thursday, October 30, 2008

bells, food & drooling

We are experiential beings. And while our experiences may be processed on a higher level than other animals, I think it might be a universal trait among developed species. Something happens and we eventually learn to either go back to it for more pleasure or turn away in hopes of avoiding the pain or rejection. The thing I find most interesting about how our past experiences shape our present and future experiences is how sub-conscious they can be. Seriously, I'm realizing that I am making decisions based on data I don't even remember collecting! It's kind of unfair when you think about it. I want to be fully aware of why things are happening they way they are... none of this conditioned response crap. I'M in charge, right? Hm, maybe. Partly. And, the older you get the more complicated and complex your experiences become which, I guess, can make things easier or way more difficult.

I think I've made a decision based on my new insights - have good experiences. And, for goodness sake, keep good people around you. Conditional relationships are not positive &, in fact, I hate them more than almost anything. People influence our experiences which influences our future which influences how we see ourselves which influences our purpose... and there's probably so much more in between that we can't even identify as influences. We are so porous.

No comments: