Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Countdown

After my test I had about 25 days to devote to summer. I did my best with those days & now I find myself down to the last three. Three little days from now I'll be sitting in hospital orientation with other terrified new grads, pretending we are competent and totally prepared for what is ahead of us. Right. I don't even feel ready to pick out benefits for myself.

I went shopping for scrubs today and I came out almost entirely empty handed. Scrubs are not cute, for the record, and if you don't have to wear them then you can't tell me that they are. Did anyone else know that Grey's Anatomy has a scrub line? So funny.

1 comment:

C.B. said...

Ashlee...
Today is Monday...literally the first day of the rest of your life! And you could remember it for the rest of your life....a good couple of days to journal. When I went to "Stew School" in 1966... (oh Lordy am I that old?).. I cried all the way to Chicago. On the first day on the job after training... and we thought we were soooo cool and ready......on the first day, I heard "hear they come" meaning the passengers were coming down the jetway, I froze... literally, I couldn't move.... all the training and practice.... and I couldn't figure out how to put one foot in front of the other..... and then, that first customer came down the aisle...... and I never looked back.... I found my legs and off I went. So just like the advice you quoted in this blog, your patients are thrilled to have you coming through that door.... As soon as you see them look up to you, you'll find you legs and off you'll go!!! It is a great day to be YOU!!!
C.B.