Monday, July 7, 2008

livin's easy

My timing may have not been ideal when I created this blog. Probably, it's a little premature, as n-o-t-h-i-n-g is happening around here (and, therefore, nothing really to write about). Anyway, I'm hoping that will change once I start my job and re-enter/begin contributing to society, but I suppose things could be just as boring post-July 21 as they are pre-July 21. With a work schedule comes a life schedule, unfortunately, and I'm hoping that will provide me with enough motivation to DO things outside of work. You know, for the sake of "balance". Funny how when there is nothing to swing life in one direction or another I get very lazy.

My roommate and I were having a similar discussion last night. We've both been feeling like either nothing is happening, or everything is happening. And when everything is happening it requires a lot of effort... but, before you know it nothing is happening again. It is especially frustrating when the things under the "everything" category suddenly disappear into the "nothing" category and they begin to seem so not worth any amount of effort that you put into them.

Anyway, I bought a copy of The Brothers Karamazov today and plan on starting it tomorrow. I'm kind of excited about that. According to the Barnes & Noble boy, it's not considered a summer read. Eh, whatever. I'm just glad that it's something.

5 comments:

C.B. said...

Ashlee...

test to see if it goes through...

CB from SP

C.B. said...

Guess that worked....
Glad to hear you have a start date of 7/21.... enjoy your free time... you'll be screaming for days off and wishing you had more... do something besides read "The Brothers K..." Oh Dear... talk about "light Summer reading".. NOT... what happened to traveling to see Ariel?? SFO, etc??? Explore... do something fun.... adventuresome!!!

Ariel said...

I second Carol's suggestion. Make an adventure!

C.B. said...

Hi to all Harms/Norquists around the world!!! Tell Ariel and Ben I loved the recent pictures and baby stories..... Hope to see you next week, Ashlee.... enjoy!!

CB

C.B. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.