Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I should have prepared myself more for the lunchtime - well, actually, worktime - conversations I was going to be having now that I am a pediatric nurse. I sometimes forget about stereotypes, so I was a little surprised when we played a "shower game" as a get-to-know you exercise during one of our orientation sessions, passed my clinical educator's baby photo albums (not just pictures, mind you... albums) around the classroom during a presentation on nursing documentation, and had a long discussion about how short-term disability and maternity leave work together to give you all the time off you need when "starting your family". I understand that the last one could be important/practical information for some people... but, I hate shower games. Especially at 0700.

Anyway, yep... I guess I won't be surprised next time?

No comments: