Sunday, July 27, 2008

I love Sundays. Growing up, we were taught to prioritize rest on Sunday. With things moving so quickly all week, it seems wise and good to take a day off.

Starting work has certainly been the major life event of this week. Orientation started out slow, to say the least, but by Thursday and Friday I began to get more excited about what will be coming in the next few weeks/months. This hospital has high standards of care and I am feeling very eager to be taught by them. They had two families come and speak to the new-hires about their experiences at this hospital (both of their children have chronic illnesses & come to our facility frequently). They covered so much, focusing mostly on what has contributed positively and negatively to their experiences. I really appreciated their openness and tried my best to take in all their wisdom. Anyway, after a few days of plowing through hospital policy and procedures and learning computer charting, etc, I can say with confidence that it was a full week. I'm looking forward to going back on Monday, even if that means another 5 days of really early mornings.

No comments: